Have the freedom to choose, and the support to start your career on a sure, strong footing.
Our internship programme provides interested students a realistic experience of the work environment and functions within British American Tobacco Malaysia.
The Internship Programme
- Malaysian citizens who are full time degree students in any discipline
- 25 years of age and below
- Possess minimum Second Class Upper degree, CGPA of 3.0 or equivalent results
- Active involvement in extra-curricular activities and leadership positions
- Able to communicate effectively in English
An intern will be attached to one of the six functions below for the duration of their programme; depending on the vacancies available and their area of interest. Interns will not be rotated within the function during the duration of the programme.
- Human Resources
- Corporate and Regulatory Affairs
- Information Technology
To ensure the internship provides sufficient exposure, we recommend between 2 to 6 months.
Supporting your development through the Coach and Buddy principle
- Every intern will be assigned a Coach and a Buddy.
- A Coach is a line manager from within the Intern’s function and is responsible for managing the Intern’s progress through the programme and their day-to-day performance and development. This formal coaching relationship would last for the duration of the Intern’s programme.
- A Buddy is a Management Trainee from within the Intern’s function who offers more informal and general off-line support and encouragement and helps the Intern’s transition into working life. The Buddy relationship would last for the duration of the intern’s programme.
- Interns will be given a chance to attend one formal training course as per the British American Tobacco Malaysia Training Calendar during the programme to help them close the gaps on their development needs identified by their coach; depending on the availability of the training proposed by the coach and business needs.
During the course of the internship, an informal review of the Intern’s performance will be conducted on a monthly basis followed by a formal review of the intern’s performance one week before the end of the programme.